Pompan Hospitality Global, Inc.
F&B PROFITABILITY IMPROVEMENT
Are confident that your property is maximizing the banquet and catering revenue contribution to overall property profitability? If so, then congratulations! Our research shows that you are a member of a very exclusive club. Most operators are struggling with F&B profitability and have sales and catering teams that do not know how to grow bottom line results. They also struggle with how to respond to decreasing food and beverage margins in the face of growing competition and increases in the cost of food.
As I am sure you are aware, recent national trends show occupancy and average rates are rising. Travel and group business is on the rebound and every property is looking to maximize their opportunities. At the same time the industry is seeing a constant fluctuation in the cost and availability of food which is having a direct impact on the profitability in the food and beverage department. Banquet and catering business typically has the greatest impact and while there are a large variety of challenges, a majority of properties struggle with common issues.
Ask yourself the following questions:
• What is your strategic pricing plan for your banquet and catering menus compared to your competition
in all meal periods?
• How often has your retail opportunity average check varied from your actual performance?
• What is your acceptable variance factor between retail opportunity average check and actual average check?
• How do you measure strategic variances in average checks by market segment to maximize revenues?
• What is the menu audit process to evaluate the efficiencies in your property's space management system?
Has an audit been completed within the past 12 months?
• How is the information from a space management system audit used by your team to maximize banquet
and catering revenue generation?
• What percentage of menus is manually entered on BEO’s? What practices do you employ to minimize
• How do you determine banquet and catering minimums and adherence to the guidelines to ensure profitability
is not compromised?
PHG can help you answer these and a great deal more questions that will help elevate your F&B
program to new heights.